Thank You For an Amazing Year!
July 2, 2019
Thanks to everyone who helped make this an incredible year for the Smith College Club of New York City!
This year we:
- Met up by neighborhood and by industry, at art exhibits, and at happy hours;
- Participated and learned in a new book club, a salon on female friendship, a panel on adoption, and at our annual faculty lecture with Adam Hall;
- Engaged future and current Smithies with alumnae interviews, care packages, and book awards;
- Raised nearly $50,000 at the annual scholarship benefit with Florence Fabricant '58;
- Honored Smith traditions of Mountain Day, holiday pecans, and the annual Spring Tea.
Our Smith Partners Summer Program is currently underway connecting current students with alumnae mentors, and just this past week, we enjoyed a viewing of New York City Opera's Stonewall, followed by a talkback with the conductor, Carolyn Kuan '99. (See photo above).
The 2019-2020 Board of Directors slate was approved at the annual meeting and we can't wait for another exciting year. In the meantime, check out this craft night coming up. Stay tuned for more Club activities this summer. Be sure to join our Facebook Group to stay connected.
UPCOMING SMITH CLUB EVENT
Relive a classic Smith pastime: come craft and visit with friends. Bring a project that fits on your lap (such as knitting, embroidery, origami, etc...) and spend an evening with fellow crafters. This will be a potluck; please bring a dish to share. Limited spots available.
Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Home of an alumna (location provided to registered participants)
|[go to article]|
The Smith College Club of New York City respects your privacy!
To make sure these communications are not mistakenly blocked in the future by your spam-blocker, please add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and 'email@example.com' to your approved-senders-list. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence of this kind from the Smith College Club of New York City please follow this unsubscribe link: http://www.smithclubnyc.org/unsubscribe.html?email=[email]. You will be removed from receiving any further e-mails at that point. Please allow up to 72 hours to process.