SOLD OUT--The Changing Face of Media
Smith alumnae in media discuss the changes they've seen, and what lies ahead. Laurel Touby, Mediabistro moderates: Florence Fabricant (New York Times) Anne D'Innocenzio (AP), Karen Russo (ABC) , Nkechi Nneji (CNN), and Carolina Miranda-Silva (WNYC)
The Changing Face of Media
Wednesday March 9th
6pm - 8pm
UJA Headquarters, 130 East 59 Street, 6th Floor
Only 50 years ago, we saw the first televised presidential State of the Union address. Now, we see social media allowing for citizen journalism. Did you know that the first photos of the miracle landing on the Hudson were seen on twitter? ... We see a move to online content, and the ability to print and say and express more. Bloggers have emerged as significant forces on the media landscape, where do they fit in? Join prominent Smith College Alumna in media as they explore this new paradigm and perhaps, predict what lies ahead.
Moderated by Laurel Touby '85 (Founder, Mediabistro.com) the all-Smithie panel includes:
- Karen Russo '96J, Digital Journalist, ABC
- Anne D'Innocenzio '84, National Retail Writer, Associated Press
- Nkechi Nneji '07, Associate Producer, CNN Heroes
- Florence Fabricant '58, New York Times Food Critic and Author
- Carolina Miranda-Silva '93, regular contributor, WNYC
Wine and cheese will be served.
$20 members; $30 non-contributing members